If you often notice a colony of ants whenever you leave some food on the kitchen table, you have a serious problem that needs to be treated as soon as possible.
These insects usually enter our homes foraging for food or seeking shelter. They enter through the smallest openings, and when they find a food source, they leave a pheromone trail for other ants to follow.
Being the target of ants is a really unpleasant thing, but dealing with the infestation with chemical insecticides is not the best solution too.
On the other hand, the following concoction is probably the most efficient natural ant repellent you have ever tried!
It contains only three ingredients, and it will help you keep ants at bay for good! Its amazing effects are due to the fact that it will destroy the nest of the ants, not just one colony.
Namely, when they search for food, not all ants leave the nest, but just a part of them. Yet, they will carry this poison back to the nest, to share it with the other ants.
The boric acid in the recipe will damage the digestive system of the ants, as well as their outer skeletons, so you will successfully destroy all of them.
Here is how to prepare it:
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of boric acid
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups warm water
- Cotton balls
- A small container or the cap of an old medicine bottle
Mix the boric acid and the sugar, and then slowly add warm water. Stir to prevent the formation of lumps.
Next, soak a cotton ball in the mixture, and put it in the cap or container. Leave it in an area where you usually spot ants or distribute them all around the house.
The sweet scent of the mixture will attract them, and only in a few hours, you will notice that the number of the ants has significantly reduced.
Here are some additional tips to prevent ants in the house:
- Seal off all the entrance areas and the cracks, using caulk
- Make a tape barrier
- Eliminate water sources, repair the leaky pipes, and check the sinks
- Use talcum powder to prevent their invasion
- You should regularly sweep and vacuum
- Wipe down all the areas where you usually see ants
- Always clean up the dirty dishes and do not leave them with the leftovers
- Keep the food in sealed containers